Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No rest for the ears

I have several new albums on my playlist and I will try to educate you on their awesomeness.

1. Ceremonials - Florence and the Machine



I feel powerful when I listen to F+TM. I love their songs and they capture you in dense space. If you’re familiar with Dog Days, Cosmic Love, You’ve Got The Love, Between Two Lungs, there is more of the awesomness here. Florence’s voice is just so powerful and I love her style.

Songs from the album which might be familiar to you and/or really liked by me:
What the Water Gave Me, Heartlines, Shake It Out


2. Portamento - The Drums



I know how the cover screams “heresy!” but I have really liked The Drums since their first album and I always will even though this is just their second (the loyalty award goes to...). Everything is so laid-back, unbelievably have a little “cuteness” though the lyrsics are really strong yet relaxing. A perfect playlist on a Saturday morning unwinding session.

Songs I really like:
Hard To Love, you might be familiar with Money


3. Oh Land - Oh Land


I can’t remember how I came across this band. They sound really new and cool, somehow industrial. A lot of snapping and simple beats. The vocals are amazing and kind of sticky which is nice. They’re definitely different.

Songs I really like which might also be familiar:
Son of a Gun, White Nights


4. Lights- Ellie Goulding



Her voice is a stand-out, deserving jealousy. If you have heard Starry Eyed then you probably know what I’m talking about. She’s a really special singer and her voice is so different. A perfect example of the good kind of new.

Songs I really like:
Starry Eyed, Guns and Horses, Your Song (cover)
If you want another truly amazing cover, look for her take on Robyn(my love)’s Be Mine. Your mind will be f*cked you just met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment