This will be the nth time I’m saying that I’m back to blogging (This does get old). I realized I missed writing for myself and maintaining a public journal. I’m not sure if this off/on thing is just for blogging or a symptom of a bigger character flaw. :((
Just quick notes:
1. I’m back in the Philippines. Decided to move in with my friends in the capital city. They have work; I have work. Our place is on a third floor walk-up. I get my own room. I’m a guy, they’re both girls. We’re basically a sitcom minus the cameras.
2. I’m practicing my househusband skills. It comes as no surprise that I’d rather be the wind beneath the wings. HAHAHA. This is almost legit. But let us not put myself in a box yet.
3. I’m a good cook. As someone with the self-esteem of a rock (that is to say I have zero self-worth), I constantly pester my roommates and friends to commend me on my cooking. So far, it has been easy for them to oblige. So let me say I’m good at the kitchen. ;)
4. I’m taking lots of photos again. I have a great camera. My understanding of aperture, shutter speed, framing rules, white balance, ISO, Photoshop, etc are still intact although dusty. So I plan to take photos more and upload them here. “Ladies and gentlemen / These are my hands / My knees.”
5. I’m independent as fvck. I’ve technically moved out although I don’t remember asking for permission nor signing a document nor doing any ritualistic protocol as I’ve seen in movies. But there. For over a year now I’ve been supporting myself - when I was in Thailand for a month and a half, in Indonesia for about six months, for the few days in Malaysia (twice last year!), in Singapore (x times last year!) - it has all been on me (-ish, thank you very much sister, haha).
6. Half-a-year vegetarian! I was lacto-ovo. Decided to stop eating eggs a few days ago and it’s going great.
So hello again Manila. Oh my you’re still pretty. But no thank you that you’ve given me two weeks of asthma attacks. Don’t do that again, please.