Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just bought my ticket

Finally, I was able to get my ticket for Manila. There is definitely some problem with the way we buy plane tickets. We plan early, we end up buying the tickets a few days before the flight at obscene prices. Online promos = bad timing.

And of course, I suddenly felt emotional because I am being torn between feeling good and bad about leaving.

Reasons to feel good:

School again which means I have a staple of something to do and after learning a lot from the first semester, I’m excited for my second Atenean semester. I am imagining myself being able to organize my life more and I will definitely meet more people which I lately realized is a lot of fun. Manila is not as sleepy as Iloilo and I miss having a lot of peers around. Parties.


Reasons to feel bad:

I’ll be leaving Iloilo City, a place extremely familiar and filled with people I already have magical bonds with. Unlimited food, no allowance to stretch and almost absolute liberty. Doing things, going places with parents.

I had my haircut today together with my mom after we drove around the city. Below is a little video because I suddenly felt like recording. I’m being too emotional about leaving. (The audio is gone because of some copyright crap. Its supposed to be Money by The Drums.)



I saw a few people who were already leaving tomorrow for second semester. I can’t imagine myself being in there place. It would definitely feel so bad! =((

BTW, I’m leaving for Manila at November 6. The classes start at 8. I’ll probably be running in between having to fix my stuff and having my ID validated but the semestral break “extension” will definitely be worth it (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment