Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Working hard for failing. this life.

Definitely not a lucky day.

I'm back in the dorm from the Chemistry and Literature finals. Literature was fine. It was on-the-spot reading comprehension. No way to prepare for it but by cleaning and oiling the mind beforehand.

I prepared for the Chemistry 7 exam though. It took me several days to devour the 400 pages of our wordy book. I toyed around every idea until the general area of my brain hurt. I wanted to over-prepare for the exam so if ever I get a bad grade, there would be no regret but a humbling proof of congenital retardation in the field of General Chemistry.

The exam had 75 multiple choice items. Very well made. Every single question could have been prepared for and it tested comprehension more than anything else. 

But I didn't feel well during the exam. I was shaky. It was as if all the stress from the previous days suddenly demanded rest. But I was fine. I fought the stress and worked my brain. It cooperated. I was confident because I never studied as hard as before in my life and the test wasn't impossible.

I sped up answering because I knew that there was ample time to review and recheck every number. I had my confidence at least 5-out-of-6. I was done and was rechecking my answers already. Number 7. I was rethinking whatever needs to be rethought when my eyes started to sting and my left contact lens pops out for no reason except, maybe, cosmic intervention. Both eyes started to sting so bad I just had to get out of the room and retreat in the dorm, remove my contacts and use eyedrops.

So I passed my paper and did exactly that. I know that I would definitely get more points if I reviewed it well but for some reason, my eyes just had to give out during that perfect second of my life. I am ruined.

Now, I'm clinging on to the optimistic idea that every downfall is a front act to extreme happiness. If that's a lie, look for me in history because I will torture whoever said that.

I'm so mad at life because although I always turn out fine, I get juggled too roughly. No wonder a lot of people lose their sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment