Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Coelho and Skinny

I spent last night reading my first ever Paulo Coelho book.

  The Alchemist
Its The Alchemist. (The picture is a link to GoodReads.com, a website for readers. I'm new to the system and so far, I'm having fun with it.)

I have long been wanting to read a Coelho book. During high school, I remember a lot of batchmates were all over his books and the cover of Brida was a very beautiful photo. But this impulse fell under the list of wants I never get to do immediately. So months after....

I bought the book after buying "The Portrait of an Unkown Woman" which I have already started reading but decided to restart from page 1 again soon.

I didn't like it as much as I expected to [The Alchemist]. I don't know why but I think Coelho's beliefs just don't coincide with mine. It doesn't even contradict my beliefs. Its just he's completely on a different page. I was really disappointed that I didn't like the book. It wasn't boring and draggy so I finished it immediately. But I definitely do not regret reading it. If we had the same principles, I swear I'd be happier. But we don't. Period.

I'm now reading Skinny by Ibi Kaslik, a book owned by this cafe here in Iloilo. They have bookshelves for customers to explore but the catch is you can't take the books out of the property and they don't sell them. This sucks so bad because I have been wanting my own copy for a long time.

Skinny

PS: I wrote this blog post weeks ago. I couldn't stand it so I asked them if I could bring Skinny home. They said no. I swore on my life, they said yes. I got to finish the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment