Saturday, October 22, 2011

Let's read some more.

In Starbucks, getting a share of decent internet we unfortunately do not have at home.

I just finished reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I started last night, after a short day spent with my amazing high school friends. I just couldn't stop until around 1:30 AM when my mom started worrying. Extra eye bags have never left since college finals week.





The book is really good. Its a boy in the time where growth is the most ravenous. Since Catcher in the Rye, I discovered I had fondness for these stories. My own growing up story has been wild so far  which makes these books more and more relatable. The details are the best parts.

I'm still midway through with Gaiman's Neverwhere. I'm struggling because I recently realized that novels based on real life are far more interesting for me than fantasy - which has never been the case before (well, save The Catcher in the Rye)!

I now have a copy of The Portrait of an Unknown Woman, a rather large book with a lot of pages. After several minutes of awkwardly standing in the bookstore, trying to weigh out buying or not buying the book, I finally decided to get it. Read the first few lines and I kind of liked it in a weird way.






If I remember it correctly, this would be the first time that I read something from the medieval age. I never liked movies with the horses, knights and metal-wear in them. It was all too muddy for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment