Monday, October 10, 2011

Metropolitan dreams are made of these: Rose petal sauce and French philosophy

I am here because I am taking a short break from churning out words for my English final paper where I talk about the Baudrillardian concept of simulacra and simulations in Tadiar's view of spatial development in the capital city as expressed in the article "Metropolitan Dreams".

My brain is being overworked. This short break will be used to create an ultimately pointless blog because its 2 AM and I have no one awake to talk to in my dorm. Relax, we have no formal classes tomorrow. I can sleep until Tuesday if I want to (which I definitely don't because of the deficiencies I have with other subjects that I have to eliminate by studying). 

Baudrillard is a French philosopher. I have xenophilic tendencies towards France and the French. They are just so awesome. The awkwardness I feel when trying to speak their language in a remotely accurate accent is the best awkwardness and unnecessary nasal contortion I have ever experienced. I would love to go to France someday.

For the meantime, let me find myself between the big worlds in this translated, worldview altering paper. 

If I get tired of making this English paper, I will proceed to typing a short paper on the film version of "Like Water for Chocolate (Como agua por chocolate)" by the Mexican Film Institute or something. 

My classmates and I particularly loved the scene where Tita's mother returns from the grave. That cinematic impression of ghost hauntings is just so simple, its scaring us to the point that it can happen in real life.

That part isn't available online so let's just see Tita prepare some flowery dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment