Friday, October 7, 2011

Film Fetish

I have a fascination for film cameras so I was technically possessed by my five year old self about 4 month ago when I recovered a very old Looney Tunes 35mm Film camera from the archeological archive which my friends would refer to as "childhood".



I got this working plastic camera the year before I stepped into Grade One. Back then, I could never use it because my parents were well informed that paying a premium for film for a child is a bad idea and a waste of money. So what I did to pacify my fetish towards hearing the shutter open and close in 1/60 second was opening the back panel and rolling the film feeder and taking pretend pictures. I sound like a loser child but I wasn't.

Now that film is cheaper and I have less of the clumsiness that came with the birth, my parents can get me film. Yehey! I'm so happy. I finished my first roll on a small trip to a local beach, a practical exam of my highly documented driving school ordeal. The photos were nice and I really love the cloudiness and muted colors in film.

(Although my parents might think that I am being a little looney (haha. get it?) because I own a dSLR with several lenses but I'm using a really old, plasticky souvenir camera. Come to think of it, I'm a pretty blessed child.)



I brought the camera to Manila and I finished my first roll here just a few days ago. I'm going home to Iloilo next week so it would be nice if I can have the film developed there. I'm on my second roll, a Fujifilm 100 C-14. The usual except it was for free. Turns out when you have a roll processed, you get free film. Yehey!





What a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment