Sunday, July 1, 2012

Man-date at an Arcade

Earlier today, an argument ensued inside my head: "To go out and buy a computer mouse or not?"

After a few hours and a bath later, I was ready to go with my roommate who was very enthusiastic about using his LRT card again. What do you do when you anticipate another school week of confinement? You go out.

So we went out and I hauled all the computer periphery I needed (a cheap mouse and a cheap pair of earbuds as replacement to the ones I lost). My roommate is an arcade-goer and I wasn't but I was in the mood to try something unusual. If you have a friend who always whines when you're having fun at the arcade, you already know me well. 

Upon entrance, I spotted this trivia game and I convinced my roommate to try it with me. We were about to play against each other until a random girl joined in. Now I understand the thrill of arcades: going against total strangers! I was intent to crush that random girl's morale. Very inspired, I won first place. My roommate came in close second. The girl got third. Haha. Run home, random woman, run!


But my roommate Rej (pronounce "Rei") wasn't into being quizzed some more so we proceeded to the next less academic game. 


Sorry for the blurry photo. I think this was House of the Dead 4 or something that sounded as depressing. It was a gory game where one of the bosses is a rotting green pile of fat. Rej was always ahead of me and he knew every turn in the game. Obviously, he was in his zone while I was awkwardly shooting at every moving thing I sense while sweating profusely.

But Rej had to notice my innate skill at handling fake guns. Unknown to many, one of my darkest desires is to hold a gun in a combat and shoot enemies. I was thinking about joining the military because of this but it was never something I pursued because I had no firm grasp of my actual intentions.

He exchanged the points he already had and some of our points to obtain this deformed semblance of an owl.


It couldn't be an owl. It's purple.


Arcades give an illusion of physical exercise so we headed off to Burger King to reload on calories we felt like we lost.


It was a good meal. I can't really review fast food as the taste is so carefully crafted to suit millions of tongues. Probably regained all that I lost shaking the hard plastic guns for reloading.

Note: Please do not ever cite the resemblance of this Sunday to the sweet, arcade dates often inserted in movies to begin a wild love story between two characters. This was definitely a fun man-date. A man-date!

No comments:

Post a Comment