Friday, September 9, 2011

Rock concerts, siomai and high school friends

The past few days I have spent half-assed with depression. The kind that eats you alive. I couldn't take anymore of it so I went to an outdoor rock concert with my friends. Of course, it was for a good cause. The concert promoted getting the Palawan Underground River into the new list of World Wonders. Just search on Google on how you can vote online or you could just text PPUR15 to 2861. That is 15 votes already! 

It was in front of a building in UP. Forgot the name. Bad journalism here and in a few moments witness bad photography. I wasn't able to bring my camera so I used the one squeezed in my phone. The whole time, I was carrying a backpack that contained my Precalculus book and notes.

Before anything else, I ate some cake. I took a nap and when I woke up, I had this random craving for cake. I was on the verge of breaking apart because everyone had something to do so I have no one to go with to get cake. Luckily, they sell some at the cafe at the basement of the upper class dorm. It wasn't that good but bad air is better than no air at all.

 
The photo above shows Noel Cabangon. He is in the middle of his hit song "Kanlungan". Its the song with the lines: "Panapanahon ng pagkakataon, maibabalik ba ang kahapon." Hearing it again live broke my heart.

It was the song all my high school teachers sang for my batch. They were all wearing white. Somewhere in the song they would pause and read out a message. I cried. It felt so bad because the rare times I let people in my life, these wonderful bunch who helped me grow up so much I had to leave. After four of the longest years of my life, it can never be the same again. And the parents who all held up their camcorders against my face can attest to how thankful I am to them. Pisay WVC teachers are the best and you have to experience them to believe that is holy truth.

There were a lot of other bands but you know, its Noel Cabangon. He made me feel proud being Filipino when he sang at the inauguration.

That''s Roselen, me, Roezel and Dana. We have been classmates for the later three years of high school (Roezel was a classmate for four years and we obviously aren't getting tired of each other). Our section is really tightly knit and if you're one of us, you can hang with anyone. In this spur-of-the-moment retreat to rock concert, we were available so we had to go. My high school classmates are my stress relievers. I saw this apparatus on TV once that you fill with water and you submerge your feet into it. After a few minutes, copper red solids will start forming and it is assumed those are toxins from your body. Just imagine the feeling you get when toxins are pulled out of your system. That's probably the same as how I feel when I see them after a long day. Refreshed. Like a soul suddenly finding rest in a war field. I'm being cheesy here but I'm one depressed teenager so let me be.

Fried siomai. We also ordered tempura and kwek-kwek but we were too excited and famished that my phone camera just couldn't catch up. Street food in UP is the best. Its like food fest all the time! And the prices are ridiculous. We don't have street food in Ateneo which is sad.


So that is about it. I'm not feeling as bad as I did yesterday. Hope this goes away soon. I hate it when you can notice everyone suddenly being so sensitive and pacifist towards your needs when they know you're depressed. You feel like a burden.

1 comment:

  1. Aw. It would have been nice if we could come too. LOL

    ReplyDelete