Sunday, September 4, 2011

Everything is productive.

It is only how you look at them that matters. Let us take for example this weekend.

I got to watch Zombadings: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington, the third film from Cinemalaya 2011 that I have seen (Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa, Ang Babae sa Septic Tank). Before college started, one of the things that cheered me up about moving to Manila was being able to enjoy film festivals to the fullest. In Iloilo, the movie houses cater only to mainstream which is more often than not, an illusion of movement of crap. So... ten points for me!


Ate half of a plate of Rodic's tapsilog. It is undeniably a marvel. I only ate half because the sun was setting and we were on our way to a party. Was trying to be kind to my belly.


Kwek-kwek (not sure if I spelled it right. Someone make a dictionary of Filipino street food please). Kwek-kwek or kwek-kweks are fried quail eggs coated with an orange batter that doesn't necessarily need to taste like something. Its really good. The bigger ones that use chicken eggs are called "Garfield".


We, myself and some high school classmates, went to the Pisay Alumni Homecoming at the Diliman campus! It was weird because I'm from the Iloilo campus and almost everyone there was from Diliman. We saw people from our high school and heard a lot of good news. I also met some of my elder sister's classmates. I was on my first year of existence when my sister was a freshiman in high school. A number of her friends went to the homecoming and it felt good having people who remember how small you were during the mid 1990s. Hahaha. "I know you. You're Leo, named after your uncle." It felt weird. "You're big na!"




Some of us who went to the dinner moved to McDo where we stayed at until 6 AM. I did some Math to calm my nerves (what?).






I have a number of papers due this week that I still haven't started doing and a list of lessons I still do not understand. Still, I would consider this weekend productive. Yehey!

No comments:

Post a Comment