Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Two Door Cinema Club Announces New Album

I have a 25-item quiz on Biology tomorrow but do I care? No. Because I have to watch episode 8 of Game of Thrones as backlogs are bad things. I was on the brink of worrying about the status of my education but something epic just came in (to my Facebook).

Two Door Cinema Club (Hereafter TDCC) will be launching a new album and they're calling it BEACON*.

*This is the part where we pee our underpants.



"The devil will want you back, and you'll never find love in an open hand" 


- new song from the preview!


They definitely updated their sound! I don't know how to put it in words but TDCC's upcoming album would be an adventure from the previous awesome ones. Since "Something Good Can Work", I've been banging my (ear)drums to Undercover Martyn and What You Know. Last term break, we were playing  sports on an XBox with Kinect and "You're Not Stubborn" instrumentals were on. Of course, we went wild. Microsoft, you awesome.

Note: Kill someone if release don't reach Philippine shores.

Update:
Speaking about the new album, singer Alex Trimble said: "'Beacon' is a much more intimate record than our first, but at the same time, it's much bigger and more inclusive. Trying to find that balance has been our goal for a long time and this record takes us one step closer to the band we've dreamt of becoming" 
- NME.COM here. Full album details also available!
Awesome photo above released a few hours ago (which I immediately shared). Didn't know it was hinting the announcement. YAY!

UPDATE: Album release on September 03, 2012 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment