Monday, June 18, 2012

Tagalog Expletives

Photo grabbed from a blogpost here

A few months ago, I first encountered Miso soup. Orangey and would reduce to layers of unidentifiable Japanese matter when left alone but it had this heartwarming taste that I really, really liked. Walking like a ninja along the aisles of Rustan's I spotted Nissin's Japanese-style Miso soup. I am unsure if other nationalities have their own styles of Miso but I was sure that what I tasted and liked came from a Japanese place.

I bought several servings of the instant Miso (having previously heard the availability of awesome Miso soups in sachets) thinking it will be similar to what I have tried before. Wrong. The soup in this one is white and it tastes like sugar water (which is water with sugar in it). I don't like it. No offense, Nissin,  but my personal preference disagrees with your grasp of the Miso flavor.

In other news, I have been learning Tagalog slang from my friend. They are not very nice words and I won't suggest usage - but knowledge is power. I have dugyot, olats and a few others unfit for public release. So there you go.

My life so far: Instant noodles and expletives. Joy to the world. #sabaw

No comments:

Post a Comment