Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Finally, something to collect



As a young kid with a father who wore thick-ish glasses, I have always wondered how people with bad eyesight see (I am not bashing my father here, it is a fact of life). Having perfect eyesight back then left me wondering how spectacled people see the world without their glasses. I was curious for the manner of blur they saw (pixelation, doubling, etc)



Before I even neared the middle of high school, I got an answer. My eyes turned out to be late-blooming failures and I am doomed to wear seeing aids. In several cases, friends would wave their hands to acknowledge my presence and I can't say hi back with confidence because all I can see where their faces should be is a pastel mush of colors. And it is almost laughable how teachers would point at hazy figures on the board, especially when I'm sitting at the back of the classroom.

Of course, when choosing the spectacles, there is an inclination towards designer labels that cost too much money. And I have already exhausted several sets of those by either vandalizing them with deep scratches, or losing them. To solve the problem, I have come up with a solution: I will buy interesting cheap frames from cheap places!

The brown frame above already had my prescription lenses fitted in them back in Iloilo. Excuse the hipster-ness, my mother owned the frame and it was just lying around the house I was compelled to use it. The red one above is a cool, red plastic frame totally opposite of brown one. It has yet to be fitted with graded lenses.

No. I am not one of those who wear glasses for fashion or the lack of it.

*This idea actually comes from the awesome conquerer of the universe at JessicaRulesTheUniverse.com (she writes Emotional Weather Report for Philstar and my sister adores her).

No comments:

Post a Comment