Friday, June 8, 2012

I write poems

Check out my poetry at LeoLutero.tumblr.com. Follow me please. Tumblr is an artsy place and my tumblr blog (or tumbleblog or tumblog) is my contribution of a rather embarrassing dream to become a poet.

Sample poem (I wrote this while trying to be emotional while packing my bags. I will be flying to Manila tomorrow morning.):



Packing
Good thing that fabric can crush
underneath zippers and hard plastic.
Apparently, we have less
than we though
A feathered hat from ’93.
A seat and a table from years before.
Fit them all in the fake hole that
closes when ran over by a metal bullet.
How delightful the mystery!
Is it laundry or melted sugars?
Inside the opaque mass that sits on the floor
Unmoving. 
Rest it on the shoulder
that can stand against the core’s pull.
Will it decide the path
or follow the fool
who hangs by handle
all that he is?

No comments:

Post a Comment