Monday, April 2, 2012

Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball concert is coming to Manila with a fan/non-fan crisis

Lady Gaga is coming back to Manila for the second time around (the first time I remember because of a wardrobe malfunction 'down there'). Matter of fact, the tickets will start selling today, second day of April, at 12 noon in all SM ticketing outlets nationwide.


I was once a huge fan of Lady Gaga. I still listen to her music and I still like her as an artist, but I'm definitely not as huge a fan as I was before. 

I liked her because of her fearless music, the catchy and suggestive repetitions, and the fashion. The fashion might be outrageous but there is constant attention put into material and tailoring that it was quality absurdity. The Hermes Birkin with the silver studs, that was genius.

Ticket pricing:

(Concert on May 21 at the SM Mall of Asia)
Patron - P15, 840 
Lowerbox - P11, 620 
Upper Box - P5, 280 
General Admission - 2,120

WOAH! The prices are way too high -- which ultimately lead to the question: What kind of Lady Gaga fan or non-fan am I? (I coined non-fan since I found out I just couldn't like John Mayer)

I'm trying to figure out if I need to whine about wanting to watch or just forget about it and let it pass (look at those prices!).

I am sure I am not a Lady Gaga non-fan. She made a dent in my browser history because there was a time that I got addicted to her biography and rise to fame story. That is definitely what begins a fanboy. And I became a huge fan. I have her CDs and I've read countless literature on interpretations of her music (and music videos) which varied from artistic to conspiracist. Her aesthetics was grungy, raw, and wild. Something I really enjoyed being a sore thumb of a teenager stuck in high school.

But am I willing to alter the natural course of the universe and procure an obscene amount of money to watch the concert? I am saying no to this one. General admission for over P2,000? Welcome to a dialogue of rich admirer, poor hardcore fan. Too expensive, I think I'll pass. This is the Philippines and although we do not undermine the recent positive news, we must get some discount. 

But if I get free or super good deals on concert tickets, I'll watch the show and probably have a really, really great time. After all, it's Lady Gaga. Her name is a local expletive and I would like to assess if the name is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment