Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A few nights in Boracay

My uncle and auntie, together with my cousins, decided to take a trip to Boracay about a week and a half ago. I decided to join because it will take a lot of convincing for my own parents to bring me to Boracay. They know very much how I enjoy night outs. Boracay Island is not anymore only a picturesque sight of blue waters and white sand but also a roaring party house - much to my pleasure and to their dismay.

There was a huge hiccup before the trip because plans to go coincided with the Holy Week where everyone suddenly has the time to go to Boracay. My cousins told me they spent around Php 1,200 in a day calling dozens of phone numbers just to get a hotel or resort to reserve a place in.


Probably a premonition: I bought the white sunglasses above from a sale at Forever 21 during a rainy month without any reason.

Boracay was fun. My intentions were, of course, for the partying and just having fun with the cousins I see only a few times a year. But I gave the beach a try at around one in the morning, in my shorts, and just raising my wallet and phone above the water. I took a bath in the beach waist down. We had a lot to talk about and I tried my best sharing everything interesting that I know.



And of course, we also share a passion for the night life. 

It was a good three-night stretch of going back to the resort exhausted during the sunrise after a night full of good music, good drinks, calorie-burning moves, awesome company, and realizing the beautiful side of existence. The island made me realize a lot of things, that the world might not be fair but it is definitely playful.

Boracay during the Holy Week should be experienced. 

I will be going back to Manila tomorrow for the summer semester. My course requires summer semesters until fourth year. I, do not want to go back to Manila just yet. I don't want the rest either. I just want to stay in this place (Iloilo) a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment