Sunday, April 1, 2012

The bitterness of those who won't be able to go to Coachella

It is 11 days until the first week of Coachella. For those who are unfamiliar, Coachella is a giant, multi-day music festival in California. I can't go. I have a required summer term, I have no time, and I have no cash. So, just to mark this yearly event in my calendar, I will tread upon my despair as part of the unfortunate collective of people who want to go but can't go.

Why do I want to go to Coachella? (for those who dare ask)

As if to cater to the bitterness like mine, they provided on their website, Coachella.com, a complete and outrageously awesome line up of artists who are scheduled to perform at the festival. I went through the list and the following are the reasons why I should be there:

Avicii, Dragonette, Florence + the Machine, Gotye, Kaskade (Kill me now), Martin Solveig, Radiohead (oh sadness), Swedish House Mafia, Wild Beasts *
Florence of Florence and the Machine. Primal, to the animal core music

Gotye

WILD BEASTS. Their song Hooting and Howling is a favorite
*this list is from a lineup of more or less 120 musical acts. Mine is a very, very short list which is painful because I would like to meet all the other groups. =(( SAAD

***

Someone, please provide me a contact who has once dreamed and was eventually able to go to Coachella for I will print his photo and keep it in my wallet for inspiration. I promise to myself, I will go to Coachella before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment