Sunday, April 15, 2012

Back in Manila

Summer classes started last Thursday. Weird how my school won't give Thursday and Friday away to the break.  I have required summer classes until I get my degree which definitely is not a celebratory characteristic. I'm back in Manila and I'm not so happy about it.

Snapped on the way to the airport in Iloilo: There is something really special about Iloilo that you miss even if you move to a "greater" place.

I only have two subjects this summer: Psych 101 and Economics 102. The 6-unit load has been nice to me for first two meetings (although I missed the first Psych class because I sat in a wrong classroom, only realizing the tragedy when we had a short quiz on Economics). During the afternoons, I intend to run from Quezon City to Makati and report at the Zalora Philippines headquarters (check out Zalora.com.ph). I help out with the product shoots and will be trying out more responsibilities soon.

If you can't see it yet, let me point it out: 

Zalora is an online department store offering wonderful finds particularly in fashion. I work there during the afternoons while the mornings are reserved for completing the requirements of a pre-medical school degree. I am definitely out of focus and at 18, I still don't know what I want to do with whatever I have. It is like the voices of people telling me what is best for me has drowned out what I really want and ultimately destroying the clarity of what I want. When I ask myself, the answer is always an overlap between my morning schedule and my afternoon schedule. Obviously, I can't do both for the rest of my life. 

*sigh





No comments:

Post a Comment