Wednesday, April 18, 2012

All the colors I love

I have been repeatedly suggesting to my parents that we hang up a few small pieces of art in our small place in the city of Iloilo just to cancel out the general messiness and disjoint of wardrobe flung in every direction (we need to do a perpetual garage sale to dispose of the unending amount of matter we can unearth from our locations). Of course, this has been denied repeatedly as it seems I am the only in the family who managed to salvage an artsy gene giving me a rather emotional and irrational attachment to creativity.

So, as the debate on wether art must be put up continues destroying whatever remains of familiarity I have with my parents (I still love them very much though), I found these images by Sammy Slabbinck which just makes me want to order prints and build my own wall to put them up on.




The colors are so cool meaning they are perfect for the unforgiving heat of the sun and the vintage black and white + vintage hifi photos, they complement each other so discretely. Pop art is here. BTW, I love the humor on the last photo: young girl wearing a 70s dress and acting like she don't care.

(First seen from http://www.shockblast.net/sammy-slabbinck-worx/)

No comments:

Post a Comment