Monday, August 1, 2011

Rain, the owl and Tagalog poems

There is something about the rain that turns me into a pile of sloth that 'sloth-fuly' makes its way through thick peculiarity. That is how I feel and that is really hard to explain so I'm not going to explain it, all because I am a pile of sloth.

I refuse to believe this weirdness is residue alcohol from last Friday's epic party at the Ronac Center in Ortigas (lol). To give you a clearer idea on how cray cray this weekend had been, here is my account of a dream from last night's 15-minute nap (a small fraction of my weekend):

I'm in an arena. Everything seems fine except there is a huge-ass black owl with red eyes and a swollen head trying to drive its beak into my heart. I pick-up a broom and start waving it to shield myself, ignoring the fact that I'm at a disadvantage (I can't fly!). Then a teenage girl with red-eyes and an evil expression emerges from a door. She starts watching my duel with the deranged fowl with another girl who has been there all along. (This other girl was likely a ghost because she had phosphorescence.) When the owl was too close to killing me, I woke myself up by trying to force my eyelids apart. I look into the mirror just to affirm myself that I am already conscious, BAM! I have RED EYES because I slept with my contacts on. I immediately removed my contacts and prayed really hard in an effort to exorcise myself.

Who dreams of zombie owls?

I hate weekends like this. Its so sloppy and all I do is go to the internet, look at things and chanting "I want to try that" without actually doing anything. Baaah. When I'm away from the internet, I want to be an amazing doctor, saving lives and providing healthcare to those who need it the most but when I'm browsing the web, I start wanting to try skiing, being a musician, planking, and skydiving. My head falls in love with information a little bit too much. Focusing skills-nada!

I'm studying Filipino and although I swear I love Filipino literature, reading Tagalog poems is like reading with a scalpel, carving every single word on my meninges. It hurts. Tagalog is a very romantic language but some words are just too alien-sounding I can feel my tongue and most of my neurons threatening to resign.

Today is a Monday but we don't have class because the Ateneo is celebrating the holiness of St. Ignatius of Loyola. No offense to St. Ignatius but I'm not sure if I'm really enjoying this day-off. Out of character, but am I actually preferring a school day over a special holiday? Whaaaat?

Rain, the owl and Tagalog poems, please do not render me bonkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment