Monday, August 1, 2011

Some things I learned from this weekend.



1. James Patterson is easy to like. 


I’ve heard of him a lot (frequent bestseller) but never tried reading his work. Fixed that this weekend and did not regret it. He made me realize how I enjoy legal drama (and that being a lawyer is not that far out in my list of possible careers. Joking.)

2. Woody Allen could be the father of my reasoning and that I’ll enjoy anything he has made. 


We first met each other in a book sale. I read “Without Feathers” in a spur-of-a-moment flight out of Iloilo, to Manila then Zamboanga alone. When I first stepped into the libraries of the Ateneo, I looked for his name on the catalog then read his book. This is the second time I read this because the first time I did not devour it wholly.  

3. The Ateneo Library is a hero.


They carry a lot of cool books. Cash is no more a part of looking for good reading materials.

4. I can read well, almost with zero conscience, under heavy piles of schoolwork.

I had a lot to do this weekend but still, I preferred rolling among photocopied handouts to obsessively consume Allen and Patterson’s works.

No comments:

Post a Comment