Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank


I'm still a little bitter about having to miss Jerrold Taruc's "Senior Year" screening two Fridays ago (if only missing that Chem midterm meant any less to my sorrowful tentative school marks) so I was hell bent on watching "Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank" today.

And I did watch it. Made me happy!

The film bagged the Best Actress, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Film,  and Audience Choice Awards of the 7th Cinemalaya Film Festival.

The actors were fine. Eugene Domingo was amazing. Kean Cipriano was shockingly good. He played the part of the director with rockstar tendencies. I'm not sure if his acting giving me the impulse to explode in the chorus of "Stars" is a good thing but still, he did really well for a band lead singer!


The film is definitely a must watch. Its kind of funny watching a film about Filipino indie filmmakers in a broken theater. As much as possible, don't go for Cinema 8 of SM North EDSA. Looks too much like the venue of EDSA II.

The film was good comedy. The laughs didn't sacrifice substance - which is a miracle in a Filipino mainstream flick. Go get tickets, watch it. WATCH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment