Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Haven

The New Rizal Library of the Ateneo De Manila University.

Whit-wew. photo from here

The New Rizal Library will most likely become my favorite place in the Ateneo. If the rules are not against it, I would carry all my stuff from the dorm and move into the fourth floor. Its really sexy from the outside but its nothing short of my definition of habitat inside.

Inside photos here.

They have very efficient, computer-based, easily-searchable catalogs. Today, I borrowed a Woody Allen book, "Side Effects". Using the catalogs, I found out they have titles which I have been itching to read but wasn't able to find a copy of. A few days back I borrowed "Like Water for Chocolate" which I heard my Literature professor talk about. The books are in prime condition: used, yellowed pages in hard cover. Its just a wonderful place. Here is their website.

I don't know about you but I fancy being a little cold while getting lost in the pages of a book. Its air conditioned and with really cozy couches (to the benefit of students who want to temporarily lose consciousness during the day). If you exit a section of the library and into the staircase/landing area (or elevator for those who abhor anything to do with stairs), you will hear the water jumping around the fountain. Veeeery relaxing.

Its only the third day of classes tomorrow and I'm already going crazy over a building.

No comments:

Post a Comment