Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Against Culinary Ignorance: Tanduay Eggs

My friends often comment on the lack of dining finesse in me. 

Even as an ignoramus when it comes to the art of dining, I appreciate the field very much. As a young high schooler, I used to reenact cooking shows in our kitchen. Diluting Milo with drops of water and putting them atop a stove to make cookies (with cousins, of course) was my favorite recipe. My cousins though have advanced from our cookie-making days to more daring recipes. This one is theirs. 

Tanduay Eggs. It's self explanatory. Tanduay (a locally produced cheap-ish rum that comes in flattened bottles), eggs and some added ingredients. 

Ingredients include:


Onion sprouts*
Ginger*
8 Chicken eggs
Soy Sauce*
Sugar (to taste)
Tanduay Rum (to taste, or tolerance)

(*for the amount, please refer to the photos. I do not speak culinary measurements.)

Directions:

Hard boil the eggs. While they boil, mince the garlic and onion sprouts.


Take the shell off the eggs. This is the most therapeutic part of the whole process. Then slice the eggs in half and prepare a pan for frying.


We fry the already boiled eggs. This recipe is really friendly to the people I know who wince at undercooked eggs.


Then we make the sauce:

Add soy sauce, sugar, Tanduay, garlic and onion sprouts to a hot pan.


Add it to the pile of fried boiled eggs, have a highly choreographed photoshoot, then boom, product is ready to serve!


(Yes to my first recipe post, try it out! It's so good to eat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment