Sunday, February 5, 2012

One Day: There is this Anne Hathaway scene I will never forget

I am going to reattach myself to society again tomorrow. I will return to my room, three floors above this solitary confinement. Until then, I will watch movies in fear of ennui.


I just finished the movie above. A few months back, my friend caught a good deal on a DVD of the movie and she was elated, telling me how it had been suggested to her a couple of times. I'm not sure if she read the book but judging by her reaction, the novel was a winner (or her sources were very appreciative). Also, I am a big fan of Anne Hathaway.

The movie was ok. I am under perfect circumstances to appreciate it. Its a story of Dexter (Sturgess) and Em (Anne), two best friends and their twisted, telenovela-material love story which immediately begins after college graduation. They fall for other people when all along, they are sure they only truly love each other. This is funny. Its like looking at people trying to drink liters of Coke when all they need are two glasses of water. 

Photo from a little heartwarming interview with Anne on Elle.

Em becomes an author, of course. Dexter, I don't know. He becomes this British TV presenter then he prepares food at an organic restaurant. Symbolisms, maybe, that are yet to be revealed to me. 

Spoiler: They end up together and they live in scenic Paris, where Em has an awesome apartment. Then the most unforgettable act I have seen of Anne Hathaway so far. It involves a bike and complete negligence of "Stop, look, and listen".

Should you watch it? I am sick, alone in a cold, ground-floor room. I watched it and I don't regret it. 

******

I will be watching "Midnight in Paris". I'm seriously excited because unfortunately, this would be the first Woody Allen film I'll be watching. I probably watched several others before without knowing it was his. Obviously, I am a very ignorant movie nut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment