Monday, August 6, 2012

Tie dye shirts - Yes to DIY!


Just retried tie dyeing last night! The plan was actually to make gradients but I had to divide the t-shirt using string and tape to prevent thorough mixing of the two dyes thus the weird outlines. Nonetheless, I'm happy with the outcome. The orange-yellow one used to be a plain yellow shirt I had to buy because we bought an extra one while making a club tee. The red-blue one was a plain, white V-neck tee. I don't have any idea why I own one.

I used powder fabric dyes I bough from a bookstore for a very cheap price (I don't really know dye prices but a sachet was cheaper than a donut!).
***

I'm in the library just fresh from making this decision: I will pass this paper for Organic Chemistry tomorrow, automatically slicing off 3 points from the maximum of 50. The extra night will hopefully give me more time to refine the whole thing and make it look better. The teacher is very particular with content so I think it was ok to let go of 3 points for better content. 




Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment