Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reese & Vica: Crossing Neverland Album


Favorite track: (the first song is a jackpot!) Copycats

"Take off your clothes, take off your skin and bones"

Listened to this album while chewing off a Snickers bar for breakfast and sipping on my morning coffee. It felt very appropriate.



The duo will definitely have something good down the road.The lyrics are dark, not cheaply sentimental with very homey guitar play. The album is a good debut because it makes me want to watch out for more of their originals. There is room for creative maturation but this 9-track collection of originals contains a lot of passion and talent that only gives me optimism. I am also hoping they get to play with more instruments soon! This album embodies the reason why I will try my best to go out of my way to support the local music: talent and wonderful promises.

By the way, my friend says (in repeat) that we are new Reese & Vica fanatics. Of course we are. Like them on Facebook here and you should definitely ask them where you can get a copy of their album because I am definitely happy having my own.


Also, check out their first song to be written in Filipino, Silip! Awesome.

Note: I need a lot of improvement as a music writer that is why I don't have much context or comparisons to decorate the band with.

Bottom line: good album, get a copy.
If I am to describe the album: will be played if ever I end up opening my own coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment