Tuesday, October 2, 2012

To b or not to bboy

Do not use the grossness of the title against me. I have to make this quick post because my blog has been dead and will be for a few more weeks. It is finals season and I will be reduced to a vegetable-like existence.

It is my agenda to take interesting PE classes and a few weeks ago, I just ended this semester's PE class which was… Introduction to Breakdancin' or Bboying!

Bboying, according to the introductory lecture, is a lifestyle which is more familiar as a form of dance called Breakin'. It is when people roll on the floor, spin and do a lot more flailing as glorified in a lot of pop movies. If you know me personally, you would know I am like the anti-bboy, analogous to matter and antimatter. I would not deny that I took the class to understand the fuss and further rationalize why I was never attracted to the craft.

You can practice your top rocks to this:


Verdict: Bboy is awesome… if you're confident and you are immersive which I am not. The songs are good (but not entirely unfamiliar because I developed an earlier appreciation of Jamiroquai and Skee-Lo). And I do not regret the ligament tears that I diagnosed myself with trying to perfect my CCs and six-steps in between gasps of precious oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment