Sunday, March 11, 2012

Logos Hope in Manila

A well-deserved break for a book nut after a week of coupling college and an internship is a trip to Logos Hope - a ship that is also a bookstore (can I get a "wow!" please). 


When I called my mom to tell her about my big plans of going to the harbor and visit the ship, she reminded me that I've been there before as a pre-pubescent being. It is heartwarming to listen to your parents remind you about your childhood. 

The ship is the size of the average Superferry. Digression: I want to ride a boat this coming school break back to Iloilo. I've been watching too many period movies that had scenes of traversing the Atlantic. Ahh, the abundance of contemplative moments! 

It houses a bookstore. So you need to get on board to check their selection of books. 



Sorry for the lousy photos. I was too giddy with all the books around with the prices being outrageous. Bring a thousand pesos and you'll get books enough for months of consummation. Prices ranged from 50 to 700 (for the glossy art books) pesos. Most of the paperbacks sell at 150. They're obviously cheaper than the ones sold in land. I'm guessing because they never touch the shore, they don't have any tax. I could be very wrong because I shun legalese.

Of course, if you are more of a tourist than a bookworm, they also have spots for you!

With friends from high school that now go to neighboring U.P. That calculator shirt is a favorite.

I was thinking of captioning this "All aboard mate!". I'm a loser.
There is a 20 pesos admission fee and you can stay on board as long as you want. There is a cafe that sells  imported canned drinks, chocolate croissant an a variety of other snacks right after the book store. 

We went down the ship only for more photos. I haven't uploaded these on Facebook and I'm thinking of not doing so. Hahaha

I bought five books (fiction and non-fiction) including a thesaurus. I've been wanting one ever since because I want to start a hobby of highlighting my favorite words. I've always wanted to try doing that.

The ship departs Manille on March 14, 2012. A reliable source (a GPS in the form of a human friend) who brought us to the dock told me the ship opens at 1 PM every afternoon. It is definitely worth a visit. Go go go!


Its amazing how I look tired in photos. Makes me seem legit stressed from all my 'important' responsibilities. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment