Tuesday, August 26, 2014

How do you know your own Globe number?

I'm back to the Philippines from a month-long staycation in Jakarta. Misuse of staycation but I won't call something more than two weeks a vacation. That is like permanent tourism. Ugh. I was there to bond with my sister, her daughter and her friend/s. That was fun and something I wish I could do every waking hour of my life for forever.

I love Jakarta. It's a real city unlike Iloilo which is still mid-pubescent, sophomore year into its city-ness.

We bought this from Jakarta. They definitely didn't mean narcotic but I'm too immature.

Moving on, how do you find out what your own Globe number is?

I use Globe Tattoo for my daily internet needs and aside from their harrowing per GB charge, I can't seem to figure out what my phone number is. This is sad because I have zero balance on that sim card, I've lost the sim card kit (they call it a kit but it was just the sim card holder card thingy, several pieces of paper wrapped in, guess what? Paper).

In Jakarta, they have a dedicated number just to find out what you're number is. Props to XL, Telkomsel and all the melyons of providers they have there. The competition is so wild there they give you thousands of free SMS credit just by sending four or five text messages. Crazy.

I've been loading it using Globe phone cards. You use the sim card to dial out the numbers so you don't need to know your number to reload (as opposed to Autoload Max - which is a superhero name for budget phone credit). I subscribed to a promo and now the juan belyon pesos is gone so I can't text or call myself.

There is this lengthy method I found online. Go find it yourself but it's definitely not hassle-free. It includes M-Pins, registering with your information. Since I run a prostitution ring, I just can't divulge information like that.

By the way, sorry for the prostitution joke. It's a real problem and not funny. Also, downing a bucket of ice over your head is a really messed up way of helping a non-profit organization. So boo you society. Boo you.

No comments:

Post a Comment