Sunday, April 28, 2013

Staying afloat in journalism

I was able to go to the closing ceremonies of Manggahan Festival 2013.

It made me realize how territorial I am that I've never been to the island even though it's extremely close to my place. I've been there once, I admit but it was with friends and it was booze-less. It was like a sleepover where you often just ignore where you are.

The awkward video has some explanation. 

I am taking working at a newspaper seriously but by virtue of the ultimate truth posted on the internets, I got scared because newspapers are apparently disappearing and the only way for a journalist to survive is to learn other crafts. I know some Final Cut Pro and some Sony Vegas and some Adobe Premiere after a long stretch of being a Wannabe Kurosawa. I'm over that phase now but some of the skills remain.

The narration is shits because I stutter when I'm in awkward positions and I've learned my English from reading books so I admit failing at speech. But what the hell! I've talked to people I don't know just to get a story and I have been hanged-up on a number of times for asking too much questions. I'm not going to back down now.

But internet be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment