Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hoshi's Cheesecake Thing

I was in Jakarta a few weeks ago. I spent almost a month there enjoying the cityscape and participating in my current favorite hobby – general loitering.

My sister lives in a convenient condo complex where you just go through a tunnel and voila! You are in the realm of capitalists with a swanky mall. It has all the Braun Buffels, Versaces and Fendi stores you need in your urban upbringing with bloated paychecks and gaping loneliness.

I have previously said I do not enjoy eating. This still holds true. I do not have a favorite food and the biggest advantage of this indifference towards flavour is I could eat anything without any attachment. For the good ones I almost like, I move on in a blink. I'm the best travel buddy because I wouldn't complain if you decide to eat exotic crap. I'll just chew and move on. If you decide not to eat at all, let us hold hands and fast. 

The same emotions went with this:


It is Hoshi's blueberry cheesecake knock-off in a handy triangular shape. The cheese is so good and very cheesy. This costs around a dollar (Rp13,000) which is too cheap. I could have had around 15 of this during my stay there. Most of this I had in secret and with shame. When my sister is out and about, I'd haul myself into the mall and roll gracefully towards Hoshi. It was so convenient you didn't have to climb a single staircase to get there!

It was my intention to post a blurry picture. My nails weren't looking that great.


I decided to blog on this because I'm in the province now and the kitchen (I refer to it as a separate entity from the house just because) served a rich cup of native chocolate. This is my absolute favorite and I distinctly remember that as a child, I'd fantasize in detail how I could be stuck in a vat filled with hot cocoa. I would die....grspjasll....with fuming liquid..ejpajfa....chocolate....invading...my....ears and jdskljsldkj nose. I'm gross. Blah blah.

Imagine tearing that Hoshi cheesecake bread apart, coating it in chocolate and putting it in your mouth. That is almost love. But meh, I'm over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment