Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kurt Vonnegut: This Looks Like Inspiration


Kurt Vonnegut's letter describing his routine:

Dearest Jane, 

In an unmoored life like mine, sleep and hunger and work arrange themselves to suit themselves, without consulting me. I’m just as glad they haven’t consulted me about the tiresome details. What they have worked out is this: I awake at 5:30, work until 8:00, eat breakfast at home, work until 10:00, walk a few blocks into town, do errands, go to the nearby municipal swimming pool, which I have all to myself, and swim for half an hour, return home at 11:45, read the mail, eat lunch at noon...
 Continue reading at Brain Pickings

While I do not blame Kurt Vonnegut for creating a wonderful book such as Slaughterhouse-five which prevented from having enough time to study a few weeks before the battery of final exams, I think it is not proper that I come across his neatly packed life this time.

I have to pack my things for Boracay with my blockmates then summer in Iloilo City and I haven't even begun cleaning my dorm room. Even sadder is that I still have several pages of papers to write and submit before the end of the week. I hope you can swallow some nanotechnological tablet that induces pain whenever you procrastinate. The problem is I can adjust well to pain... on to searching for other methods. (And yes, I have tried to listen to those looping audio tapes that command you to focus. They don't work on me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment